Adapted from a couple of recipes that I have come across. This is a favourite with the family and is special enough to serve to dinner guests. Most of it can be made ahead and put together at the last minute.
Don’t miss out on our weekly stories, travels, tips and recipes.
- 4 Pork Fillet steaks, or pork medallions
- 1 teas salt
- 1/2 teas black pepper
- 3 tabs unsalted butter, if you don’t have unsalted butter, use regular butter and cut out the extra salt
- 1 tab olive oil
- 2 shallots or 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tabs plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine. (I use chardonnay).
- 3 tab grainy Dijon mustard. (I used 2 tabs regular Dijon mustard and 1 tab grainy Mustard)
Salt and Pepper pork 2 hours ahead.
At time to prepare meal. Sear pork in melted butter and olive oil until golden. Set aside covered with foil.
Cook garlic, onion and mushroom gently in pan.
When golden, add flour. Make a rough and cook gently until thick. Gradually add stock, wine, cream, thyme and mustard.
Gradually bring to a simmer and when thickened add pork chops for five minutes.
Serve with small roast potato and sweet potato and greens. Broccolini, fresh beans, broccoli, sugar snap peas or snow peas would all be delicious