Subscribe to enjoy our travels as we experience them
The road train
Our friends put out the word a couple of months ago, “We are planning to journey to the top end in June/July. Who is going to come with us?”
Will we go? Will we think about it. What planning do we have to do. Will we need to attach a snorkel to the Ranger. How far can we take the caravan. Or will we borrow/hire a campervan? Will we take the tent or buy a roof top tent.
Things to do
- Investigate and plan an itinerary
- Learn to fly the drone
- Sell the house
- Pack up the house
- Find storage somewhere
- Or choices – find a smaller home, store the possessions there
- Decisions to make
After joining a couple of Facebook sites with thousands of members, we have lots of information to find and absorb.
Fast forward to end of June and we are making progress.
- The house has been sold
- The furniture has been stored
- The Ranger has had a snorkel fitted.
- We have decided on a route – Hay, Mildura, Broken Hill and then across Queensland to Cairns.
The next step is to start planning an itinerary and hopefully we are off on a journey of a lifetime