Pumpkin Soup has always been a favourite of mine, often adding curry, but, now adding a taste of bush spices and mountain pepper gives a sometimes bland soup an absolute zing. It is now regularly on my winter food menu and I hope you will love it as much as I do
- 1 1/2 kilo of ripe Jap pumpkin
- 2 litres of water, seasoned with 2 tab Vegeta vegetable stock
- 2 brown onions, peeled and halved
- 2 med peeled potatoes, halved
- 1 teas McCormick Bush Spices with Mountain Pepper dried herbs
Boil all ingredients until pumpkin, potatoes and onions are soft.
Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
Using only enough stock to achieve a desired consistency. I prefer a soup that has the consistency of thick cream.
Enjoy your pumpkin soup with a very large dollop of sour cream if desired.