Preparation time. 15 mins
Cooking time. 60 mins
One pot washup
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 chorizos
- 3 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 teas paprika
- 1 red capsicum
- 200g mushrooms
- 300g crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 700ml good quality chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen veges (e.g. peas and corn)
- 1 lemon
- Peel and slice garlic, deseed and chop capsicum and mushrooms
- Peel and chop onions, carrot, chorizo and chicken thighs
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep frying pan with lid, or paella pan and fry onions, garlic, mushrooms, chorizo, capsicum, carrot, paprika and chicken, until chicken is brown. Approx 15 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Stir through crushed tomatoes, then add the rice and stir for 2 minutes for the rice to start to absorb all the flavours.
- Pour in stock and add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the lid on pan and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 20 minutes. Whilst the dish is simmering there is no need to stir continuously as traditionally you want a thin crust of crispy rice to form on the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the frozen veges and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice